Lufthansa May Sell BMI To Virgin

Posted by in airlines

Lufthansa are discussing a sale of British Midland to Virgin Atlantic.

According to the Sunday Times, Lufthansa and Virgin Airlines are in preliminary discussions regarding a sale of British Midland. Lufthansa currently owns 80 percent of BMI and SAS holds the remaining 20 percent.

Stephen Gernkow, Lufthansa’s chief financial officer, confirms that the company is considering an agreement, saying that “it takes two to dance and if someone offers up, we will make it” in an interview with Aviation Week.